First up, "Hell or High Water", viewing on Blu-Ray through Redbox rental.
- OK, so this is a Cops and Robbers movie.
- "You know I'm Mexican, too?" "I'm gonna get to that as soon as I'm done with all of the Indian insults, but it's gonna be while."
- Weird to see a horse at the same establishment that cars are parked, especially that loud green car.
- Dudes, this is Texas. What do you think is going to happen when you rob a bank full of gun-carrying patrons?
- I would have been the waitress flirting with Chris Pine.
- "What you don't want?"
- Gorgeous shot of the sky with the dark clouds. Very nice cinematography of all of the landscapes, actually.
While I thought this movie was well made, I don't understand why it's up for an Oscar for Best Picture. The principle of justifying robbing the banks? The last showdown for a retiring marshall? I don't know.