Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Justice Isn't A Crime

I'm not going to be able to attend both days of the AMC Best Picture Showcase this year, so I'm watching the films from the other days separately.

First up, "Hell or High Water", viewing on Blu-Ray through Redbox rental.


  • OK, so this is a Cops and Robbers movie.
  • "You know I'm Mexican, too?" "I'm gonna get to that as soon as I'm done with all of the Indian insults, but it's gonna be while."
  • Weird to see a horse at the same establishment that cars are parked, especially that loud green car.
  • Dudes, this is Texas.  What do you think is going to happen when you rob a bank full of gun-carrying patrons?
  • I would have been the waitress flirting with Chris Pine.
  • Awww...Alberto.
  • "What you don't want?"
  • Gorgeous shot of the sky with the dark clouds.  Very nice cinematography of all of the landscapes, actually.
While I thought this movie was well made, I don't understand why it's up for an Oscar for Best Picture.  The principle of justifying robbing the banks? The last showdown for a retiring marshall?   I don't know.


No comments:

Post a Comment