Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Don't Mess With The Monkey

The thing with Redbox during Oscar season is that I return one DVD, and I see another one of a movie that was nominated!

So I rented "Kubo and the Two Strings".


  • Incredible stop motion animation.  Love the origami.
  • "This is pretty good lint!"
  • Oh, those are the sisters!  I saw a couple of little girls dressed as them (with awesome costumes, BTW) at ComiKaze and wondered about them.  
  • "I'm not even convinced this counts as origami."
  • Those big fallen statues remind me of the ones on Jedha.
  • "I promise I won't even blink.  I actually don't think I even CAN blink."
  • "Question: If I'm Beetle, and you're Monkey, why isn't he called 'Boy'?"
  • "You are my quest.  Always have been."  TEARS!
  • And then Voldemort appeared.  Perhaps I shouldn't have looked at the voice casting before I watched the whole movie.
  • "It's in the memories.  The most powerful magic there is."
  • Nice "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by Regina Spektor during the credits!
GREAT movie!  I was going to watch it again before I go to bed, but I have a ton of stuff on the DVR to watch.  I highly recommend viewing this film.   Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment