Sunday, February 26, 2017

Help Me Get One More

The third movie of Best Picture Showcase Day 2: "Hacksaw Ridge".   The theater folks already ran out of tissues, so we were on our own.  

  •  I was not looking forward to seeing a war movie.  I'm glad that it was oh so much more than that.
  • "This way I can just beat the one that wins."
  • "How long have you been dead, Private?"
  • "Keep this one away from strong winds."  
  • Vince Vaughn's comedic acting is spot on, and I loved him in this part.
  • "Are you going to ask me to marry you or what?"
  • BUGLE!  
  • Spider-man was on that ridge, albeit with a different kind of web.
  • "This is not the time for target practice."
  • "Most of these men don't believe the same way you do, but they believe so much in how much you believe."
  • 75.  He saved 75 men that day.  What an incredible story.  Thank you, Desmond Doss, for your service to our country.
  • Andrew Garfield was amazing.  He just said on the Oscars Red Carpet that when he read the script, he cried through the whole thing.  You could tell that his heart was in this part, and well-deserving of the Oscar nomination.
  • Mel Gibson did a fabulous job with this one.  Brilliant way of getting me to that "I laughed, I cried, it became a part of me" place.

No comments:

Post a Comment