Monday, January 30, 2017

Abe's Adages 01/30/17

This week, I'm starting my new series of posts.  It will be a weekly entry, not daily.  

8 years ago last week, I was inspired at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., and bought a book titled "The Words Lincoln Lived By" by Gene Griessman.  The subtitle is "52 Timeless Principles to Light Your Path".  Mr. Griessman gives a quote and some information behind that quote. He states that it is not necessary to read the quotes in the same sequence as they appear in the book.  However, in order not to repeat myself, I'll be going in sequence, and maybe sometimes I'll write my own thoughts about it.  Maybe I won't.  But here goes.  If you have any thoughts you'd like to share, feel free to comment.

---------------------------------------------------

Abe's Adages: Week 1

On Determination:
"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other thing."

Source: Gene Griessman, The Words Lincoln Lived By


No comments:

Post a Comment