Monday, January 23, 2017

Save the Rebellion and Save the Dream

A bunch of us went to the El Capitan Theater on the opening night of "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story".  I was happy to see that we received popcorn buckets that were not generic, so, score!  The organist was wearing a Vader costume.  All was right with the world.

Stormtroopers making a Sherry Sandwich


Vader Organist

Box Seats




  • Wait.  Where's the opening crawl?  Is this the movie already?
  • Felicity Jones was outstanding as Jyn Erso.  I rooted for her from the very beginning of her story.
  • Yay, Alan Tudyk!  K-2SO was hilarious.
  • "Did you know that wasn't me?"
  • I kind of forgot what was supposed to happen in the events that would follow this film...until I saw Bail Organa.  Then the anticipation grew, and I was not disappointed.
  • I was sad, though, and cried a few times.  
  • "I'm one with the Force and the Force is with me."
  • Stormtroopers on the beach!  AKA Shoretroopers
  • Me, inside voice: "Whoa. Is that?  Isn't he too old to do this now?  Is he still alive?  Ooh, it is!  It's Tarkin!  Digital Tarkin!"  That was amazing.
  • "We have hope.  Rebellions are built on hope."  And Sherry cries.
  • "Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director."
  • Me again, a little later: "Hey, this is that scene...or it's the place where the opening scene takes place..yup.  Vader.  Leia.  AAAAHHHHHH!!!!"
Afterward, we went downstairs to look at some of the models and costumes used in the film.




Krennic has an awesome cape


Happy Star Wars Fans



Looking forward to seeing this again next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment