Sunday, February 25, 2018

Through Love Comes Calm

The third film for Day One of the Best Picture Showcase was "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri".

  • It's Lucas Hedges again!
  • That turtle is cute!
  • "If I had some food I'd give it to ya. All I got is some Doritos, 'n' they might kill ya, they're kinda pointy... Then where would we be?."
  • "What?  Are you moving out?"
  • "Don't say 'What?', Dixon, when she comes in here calling you a f**khead!"
  •  "It's 'Persons of color'-torturing business, these days, if you want to know."
  • "I found it in a bookmark...in a book I was reading..about polio...wait, which one is the one with the horses?"
  • "I have to use the Little Boys Room."
  • The bunny slippers talking to each other.
  • "She has a Chardonnay migraine."
  • "I'm dead now, sorry about that."
  • "Because through love comes calm, and through calm comes thought "
  • "Penelope said 'begets'?"
  • "Well, who the hell else would it have been?"
  • I loved all of the leads in this, and I'm not surprised that they've all received Oscar nominations.
The last movie of the day was "The Shape of Water", which I had previously seen, so I won't be posting my thoughts about it again.

Day One done, looking forward to Day Two!

No comments:

Post a Comment