Monday, March 5, 2018

Never Give Up. Never Give In.

Day 2 of the Best Picture Showcase started with "Dunkirk".  I've previously posted about that film, so I won't be doing an additional post.

The second film of the day was "Darkest Hour".  These are my thoughts prior to the presentation of the 90th Academy Awards.

  • "It's not a gift.  It's revenge."
  • Chuchill likes animals.  Cute shot of him looking at the cat under the bed, and he feeds the Royal Doggie.  I love it.
  • "How do you manage drinking during the day?"  "Practice."
  • Must be nice to have Scotch waiting for you wherever you go.
  • "You cannot reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth!"
  • "Will you stop interrupting me while I am interrupting you!"
  • "Those who never change their mind never change anything."
  • "'Up your bum'...sir."
  • Loved the scene when he talks to the people on the Underground, and I like that the King suggested he talk to them.  A true leader listens to the people he leads.
  • "All babies look like me."
  • "You are strong because you are imperfect.  You are wise because you have doubts."
  • If Gary Oldman doesn't get the Oscar for this, there is something wrong with the world.  Also, if makeup doesn't win, those other movies must be incredible.  I mean, I couldn't even see Oldman in there.  All I could see / hear / think about was Churchill.
  • Hey, that's Big Ben at the end of the credits.  Neato.
I enjoyed this movie.  I like that we saw it immediately after "Dunkirk", since they tied together well.  Somebody at AMC was thinking artistically when they thought up the order of films, and I'm grateful for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment