Monday, September 4, 2017

Tension At Sea..and In Air...and On Land

My local Krikorian theater is handing over their business to another movie theater company, but they are honoring vouchers until the end of this month.  Wendy had some free movie passes that she graciously gave to me, so I used one today for "Dunkirk".


  • Wow, the cinematography for this film is outstanding.  Beautiful!
  • Hans Zimmer's score is mesmerizing, and was appropriately full of tension throughout the movie.  I love that it culminated into a variation on Elgar's "Nimrod".
  • All that tension had me crying and I didn't realize that was coming.
  • I was not understanding the different titles for each group of people at the beginning.  "One hour" for what?!  But then later....ohhhhh....Christopher Nolan likes to mess with my brain.
  • There you go, Mark Rylance, with your minimal dialogue and maximum expression again.  So so good!
  • Oh, Thomas Hardy!  He always looks so different to me with every film I see him in, that I don't realize it's him until the credits.  
  • Aw, Frenchie.  :(
  • "I'd rather fight waves than dive bombers."
  • "It's a good job I'm in the Navy and you're in the Army."
  • Several people in our audience clapped at the end, including me.
This film was quite interesting, and I'm really glad I saw it on the big screen.  Thanks, Wendy!

No comments:

Post a Comment