Monday, March 5, 2018

To Serve the Governed, Not the Governors

The fourth movie on Day 2 of the Best Picture Showcase was "The Post".  I held off on seeing this film because all the buzz was that it would be nominated, so it was finally time to watch!

  • Hey, that guy was the dad in "Call Me By Your Name" and the scientist in "The Shape of Water"!  Michael Stuhlbarg must be a good luck charm.
  • John Williams is so amazing with the different styles of music he creates.
  • Tom, Meryl, and Steven.  'Nuff said.
  • I remember how hard it was to try to remember a phone number and not forget it while dialing a rotary phone...especially when the numbers were 8, 9, and 0.
  • The shots of the printing press were cool, and they made me want to watch "Newsies" again.
  • The shaky camera was effective at showing all of the confusion and chaos in the newsroom.
  • "News is the first rough draft of history."
  • I did not like their hairstyles or their clothes.
  • "It was a tie-dye skirt."  That guy was funny...and Linda worked with him once!
  • Girl raked in the cash with that lemonade!
  • "It's no longer my father's company.  This is no longer my husband's company.  This is MY company, and anyone who doesn't like that shouldn't be on my board."  GO, GIRL!
  • The ending makes me want to watch "Frost/Nixon" again.
  • "Glad I never have to go through this again."  Uh oh.
I enjoyed that.  I'd like to see that followed by "All The President's Men", then "Frost/Nixon" in some kind of journalist/Nixon administration corruption marathon.

Next up: Get Out

No comments:

Post a Comment