Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Sing-Off 4.6

It's Semi-Finals night!

Group Performance: "Shake It Out" by Florence + the Machine

Challenge:  "Judges' Choice"
Judges picked songs that bring out the best in each group.  Nick is the mentor.

The Filharmonic: "Baby, I Need Your Lovin'" by The Four Tops
Thank you for mentioning NKOTB, Shawn!  Cool that Nick is singing a little with them: "98 Degrees of Filharmonic!"  I like the suits, guys!  VJ's voice is so pretty.  I like that pelvic thrusty move during "Got to have all your lovin'".  Yes, Shawn, the choreography was slick.  Shawn wanted more than just the one level, but their harmonies were right on point.  And then Jewel talks about being frustrated when she can't reach the climax.  Oops!  

Ten: "Proud Mary" by Ike & Tina Turner
I Zumba to this song.  I like that intro!  They did not Zumba to the song.

Home Free: "Colder Weather" by Zac Brown Band
Hmmmm...I heard a little bit of dissonance in the intro chords.  But the song is pretty, and I like that tenor voice.  Ben heard the pitch problem at the beginning, too, owing it to nervousness.

Vocal Rush: "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark" by Fall Out Boy
I do not know this song.  I am old.  OK, I don't like that opening, where they just sounded like they were yelling at me, you know, like trying to out-sing each other.  It got much better, and then I recognized the song and didn't feel that old.  

My pick:  The Filharmonic

Results:

Safe for next show
Home Free
Vocal Rush

Ultimate Sing-Off: "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash
The Filharmonic vs. Ten
Cute choreography by Fil with "time".  I like the male solo from Ten.  Ooh, that's a tough one.  Represent us, Joe!  

Winner: Ten

Aw, so sorry, Filharmonic.  I'll miss you.  I think that they already have a big fan base, though, so they'll likely get a contract from someone somewhere.

Finale is on Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment