Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Sing-Off 4.3

It's the 3rd night of the Sing-Off!  I'm in Rockapella withdrawal while they're singing in Connecticut, so having some a cappella to watch is a good thing for me.

Group Performance: "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel
Hi, VJ!  Shawn is doing some singing along.  That was pretty cool.

4 of the top 8 perform tonight.  Taking a tip from The Voice, Shawn is playing mentor to this week's groups.  Charles of Street Corner Renaissance: "I've watched them GROW from Boyz to Men!"

Tonight's Challenge:  "Favorite No. 1 Hits" 

Ten: "Chain of Fools" by Aretha Franklin
I don't like their opening chords. They were in tune, but I didn't like them.  Actually, I'm not liking most of their chords.  I feel like they're missing something in the middle.  The judges liked it, though, so maybe I just don't get it on that song.  

The AcoUstiKats:  "Amazed" by Lone Star
Wow, that was supposed to be Boyz II Men's?!  Sing to me!  I'll give you something to be confident about.  Oh, yeah, I typed that out loud.  I like how lush their chords were, and they showed that they're not just a bunch of fun college kids, but they've got great vocals, too.  Aaaaannnd, I"m crying.  Congratulations, Mike and Maggie!

Street Corner Renaissance: "Forget You" by Cee-Lo Green
I really like these guys, and they're not afraid to wear bright pink.  They're just so much fun, and they are smoooooth.  "Don't say that, brother."  

The Filharmonic: "One More Night" by Maroon 5
I didn't know that VJ was the Filipino Adam Levine!  It works, because he's a cutie.  Dance!  Modulate!  Do it!  I liked that.  I disagree with Ben, and agree with Shawn.  They sounded much tighter tonight to me than on other nights.  Yeah, VJ was too smiley for the lyics, but have you SEEN those dimples?!  

My pick: The Filharmonic

Results:

Staying in the Competition:
Ten
AcoUstiKats

Oh, great.  2 of my top 3 are vying against each other.  I'll be sad for either one of them.

Ultimate Sing-Off:: "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Good Bye" by 
Street Corner Renaissance vs. The Filharmonic
Great battle.  I'm upset that it had to come down to these two.  

Winner:  The Filharmonic

Mabuhay,Pinoy!!!  I'm really sorry to see SCR go, though.

Looking forward to next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment