Monday, December 16, 2013

The Sing-Off 4.4

It's a new week of The Sing-Off!  

Group Performance: Medley "My Generation/We Will Rock You/(I Don't Know the Title)"
I love that bass voice from the Home Free guy.  Really, Sher, you need to learn his name already.

tonight's Challenge: "My Generation: Chart Toppers that Span the Decades"
Ben is the coach for this group of voices.

Home Free: "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash
I've been looking forward to this song since seeing the commercials for the show.  Seriously, that BASS!!!!  YES.  I love that the judges were totally taken aback by that last note.  Nick: "People in Pasadena just called and reported a seismic event."  "The singing refrigerator guy", Ben?  What?!  His description of their beginning/middle/end was priceless, though..   Apparently, the bass' name is "Country Boy".  That doesn't help me!  So I looked it up.  His name is Tim.  Hi, Tim!  Wow.  Your voice is amazing.

VoicePlay: "Don't Speak" by No Doubt
They were in high school when this song was released.  I had graduated from college already.  I'm old.  I'm not really fond of that arrangement.  Maybe I love the original too much.  

Element: "You Keep Me Hangin' On" by The Supremes
I like that they work out and sing together at the same time.  They did a good job with it, not screechy, just right with the balance.  Shawn likes to tell the ladies that they look lovely.  Such a smooth talker.

Vocal Rush: "Holding Out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler
The only high school ever to reach this point in the competition.  They deserve to.  They really are great.  Yeah, they weren't even born when this song was released.  Remember how I'm old?  I love how they're talking all Valley Girl.  Their voices have some old kind of souls in them or something, because they sound so mature and cohesive!  Well done, young 'uns.  

My pick:  Home Free

Results:

Staying in the Competition
Home Free (Yeah, I typed that before Nick even announced it)
Voice Play

Ultimate Sing-Off: "I'm a Survivor" by Destiny's Child
Element s. Vocal Rush
Element was a little too squealy for me.  Vocal Rush kept it much more in control with their voices..and that rap!  They so totally won that battle for me.  

Winner: Vocal Rush
OK, I still have faith in the judges.  Phew!

Next episode: Wednesday, with a 6-team battle and a double elimination.  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment