Sunday, February 21, 2016

Itty Bitty Living Space

Yesterday, Linda and I attended Day One of the AMC Theaters Best Picture Showcase, wherein we get to see all 8 of the Best Picture nominees for the Academy Awards.

The first film shown was "Bridge of Spies", which I had already seen, and enjoyed again upon the second viewing.

Our host, Sean, did some trivia between films.  I won a t-shirt!  He had asked what other nominations "Bridge of Spies" had earned, and I answered Best Supporting Actor for Mark Rylance.  Yay, me!

The second film was "Room".  

***All movie posts on this site have spoilers, and this one is no exception.  If you plan on seeing the movie, stop here and go see the movie first, please.***

  • Jacob Tremblay is going to make a lot of money as an actor.  Goodness gracious, he was incredible.
  • Brie Larson was also amazing.  I especially liked the way she tried to get Jack to understand the truth about their situation.
  • That is way too much butter for that small of a cake.
  • "I want to be 4 again."
  • I was very tense during the truck ride.  My whole body was clenched and I somehow didn't scream out loud.
  • I was really worried that Old Nick had gone back to kill her.
  • Interesting that the doctor thought of the sunglasses, sunscreen and surgical mask.  They all made sense, yet I guess I never thought of that when seeing these stories in the news.
  • I wanted to slap that interviewer with her insensitive questions.
  • "I love you, Grandma."
  • "Ice cream hurts."
  • Yay, Seamus!
  • "It's my Strong."
  • "I've been wanting to cut that hair for a LONG time."  Joan Allen.  Yay!  Makes me want to see "Pleasantville" again.
  • William H. Macy is just too good, not being able to look at Jack, and the anguish in his eyes.  Yup, "Pleasantville" thoughts.  
  • "When I was small, I only knew small things. But now I'm five, I know EVERYTHING!"
  • "You're still Ma."  (OK, I'm crying again).
  • Seven years in there.  SEVEN?!?
  • Nice shot of Jack playing with LEGOs in the closet even when living in the big house.
  • Oh, yeah, you bet I was a mess of tears through much of this movie.  The guy next to me kept saying "WOW" afterward, and that he didn't see any of that coming.  He was somehow surprised that his friend, sitting behind him, had cried during the movie.  How could you not?  Oh my gosh.  AMAZING.



No comments:

Post a Comment