- I forgot how much I love the chemistry between Carell and Gosling. I loved their dynamic in "Crazy, Stupid Love".
- Drums. Christian Bale playing the drums. Who's a happy girl?
- Love all of the attempts to get a layperson to understand the different terms by using celebrities to talk about them with their own analogies.
- The hair. Oh no, it was awful.
- The Lehman office looked like the set from "Wolf of Wall Street". I can't remember if it was supposed to be the same firm.
- I'm confused about the end...so did Dr. Burry actually lay off all of his employees, and he was the only one with all of the money? Or did he lay them off, then the $ came in?
- I wonder if I'm the only one whom, when Dr. Burry was going around and shorting the mortgage bonds, was thinking to herself, "Because he's Bruce Wayne." Also, I thought, "Because he's Batman."
- OK, I'm dumb. I didn't realize until I heard his voice talking to the guys on the phone that Ben was being played by Brad Pitt. Must be the beard.
- I'm going to be using the word "shittily" because I like how Carell said it. Be prepared, y'all.
- I'm really glad that I didn't continue working with the investment firm way back when I was temping.
A lot of that made my brain hurt, but it was well done. I'm going to need to see it again to see if I can understand it more the second time around.
I'm going to wear my new t-shirt on Day Two. Looking forward to next week!