Sunday, February 28, 2016

Globe Trotting

The second film to watch on Day 2 of Best Picture Showcase was "Spotlight".  I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be crying during this one as much I was during "Brooklyn".

  • Does every movie in Boston require a scene at Fenway?
  • No wonder people are so proud to come from Boston, the way they look at it as a small town.
  • I smiled whenever they said "Worcester" and "Dorchester".  The former because of FFE, and the latter because of NKOTB.
  • I know there are more than 2 Armenians in the Boston area.  Hi, Steve's family!
  • I like how the whole story played out, and I wonder if it's true that keaton's character buried leach's info.
  • So... Sabretooth, Batman, and Hulk work at the Boston Globe.  Interesting.
  • I thought that Mike was going to Hulk out during that scene.  Great job not going green, Ruffalo.  
  • I didn't realize that was Rachel McAdams, probably because of her hair.  I did recognize her, but couldn't figure it out.
  • I like movies about investigative journalism, mostly because they usually show people whom are passionate about their work.  I also love it when the actors are great, like in this one.
  • Seeing John Slattery in an office environment makes me miss "Mad Men".
  • "Personally I'm of the opinion that for a paper to best perform its function, it really needs to stand alone."
Excellent movie, and I'm getting why they're receiving so many accolades.  

No comments:

Post a Comment