I love the "Planet Earth" series. I even was there to congratulate the producer when he won the Emmy Award. So I was happy that I was going to be able to see parts of the series on the big screen, because the cinematography is outstanding.
- I'm not sure I liked the whole "plot" line with the animal families. I actually didn't need it in the series, but I understand that perhaps it helps to tell kids a story with all of the footage. My favorite portions didn't really have anything to do with the families.
- Yay! The birds of paradise!
- I love watching those baby ducks jump out of the tree.
- Cats seem to be hungry all the time (especially the big ones). Far from being the cute things that my friends keep telling me they are.
- Loved hearing James Earl Jones mention the Circle of Life. If he hadn't, I would have truly been disappointed. I mean, Hello! He's frickin' Mufasa!
- Elephants need to be given goggles in order to get through the sand storms.
- Giraffes are damn cool, especially when they're wading in water.
- The elephants swimming around reminded me of the Jungle Cruise.
- I'm glad they included some of the footage of the actual camera crew's efforts.
- I didn't know that they would be showing "Oceans" for next year's Earth Day until I saw the trailer. Awesome.
If you liked the movie at all, I highly recommend watching the entire series. It is now available on DVD, and is also shown on Animal Planet from time to time.