Sunday, May 31, 2009

A hippo, a squirrel, and an octopus. Oh My!

Last week, I saw "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian" with Linda and Mox.  

Thoughts:
  • HHHHIIIIIPPPPPPOOOOOOO!!!!
  • Perhaps Hank Azaria was trying to do a Jeremy Irons impression, since one of my friends (that did not see the movie) thought that J.I. was in the movie.
  • This movie was sillier than the first one.  I still liked it, but less than the original.
  • Loved Amy Adams as Amelia Earhart, especially for her adventurer's spirit.   She was the best part of the movie.
  • I really liked the interaction of the two security guards: Ben Stiller's Larry and Jonah Hill's Brandon (pronounced "Brundon")
  • I didn't know that our ATM number pads were based on Egyptian tablets.  Until now.
  • I wasn't really crazy about the other new characters, but I enjoyed the octopus.  I think this is the first time that I ever thought an octopus was cute.
  • I also liked how the paintings came to life in this one.  That was pretty cool.
  • One of my favorite scenes was when Darth Vader and Oscar the Grouch wanted to join the bad guys.  I think the bad guys could have really used Vader's light saber, but he was too weird for the Pharaoh's bro.
  • OK, I really loved the fact that Clark Howard was one of the guys in Mission Control.  
  • Octavius and the Squirrel.  I see a theme about this month's events. :)
If you're looking for some silliness and adventure, with a little bit of history mixed in, I think you'll like this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment