Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Tick Tock

After a short trip to the LA County Arboretum, I went to the theater to see "The House With A Clock In Its Walls" in IMAX.

But first up:  Michael Jackson's "Thriller" in 3D!

  • That's kind of scary in big format!
  • The costumes and makeup still look great.
  • I so, so, so wanted to get up and dance.  I love that dance!  MJ was the BEST!
  • I think all of us were surprised by that last shot. 
  • Happy 35th Anniversary, Thriller! 
OK, now the house movie.
  • "Are you wearing a robe?"  "It's a kimono!"
  • I like that Lewis' last link to his parents is the Magic 8 Ball.  It's magic!
  • The stained glass of the ship reminds me of the one in the Salon.
  • "Bad Kitty!  Use the litter box!"
  • Loved the magic of all of the stars in the garden.
  • Snakespeare is like me: safe, as long as I'm fed.
  • "So creepy...even in death."
  • I love all of the purple that Florence has everywhere.  
  • I also enjoyed all of the insulting names Florence and Jonathan called each other.
  • Why would you a keep a key right next to the lock that you don't want anyone to open?!
  • I wanted to see more of Rose Rita.  I would have liked to see her reaction to the house.
  • I love this bit of trivia on imdb because of the time theme.  I had been wondering about the significance of the title on the marquee:  The bus stops across the street from a theater with the movie, "Space Man from Pluto" on the marquee. The head of Universal Studios wanted "Space Man from Pluto" to be the title of another Amblin Entertainment film produced by Steven Spielberg - but the director on that 1985 film kept the script's original title, "Back to the Future."
  • Cute drawings during the credits, especially the last one with the characters waving.  Even the baby, sitting in the demon's lap.  OK, yeah, that was creepy.
  • "No topiary griffins were harmed in the making of this film."
  • And now I want to eat cookies all day.

Here's my poster after playing the game on the official site:


No comments:

Post a Comment