Monday, September 17, 2018

Chomp On This

Last weekend, I made sure to see "The Meg" before it left theaters. (I love the tagline on the official site:  "Pleased to Eat You".)  I mean, how can I possibly watch a movie about a giant shark if I wasn't going to see it in BIG?  I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to see it in IMAX, though.  But, you know, drum corps priorities.


  • I've decided that the Meg is Filipino, because the first scene takes place in the Philippine Trench.  
  • How is it possible for Jason Statham to have that many muscles?  Like, muscles on TOP of his muscles?  How do those muscles even fit in those little vehicles?  Can you tell that I was distracted a bit by his physique?
  • Loved all of the homages to "JAWS".  At least, I'm going to call them homages, because "rip-off" sounds so negative, and I think the references were on purpose.
  • I love the tagline on the official site:  "Pleased to Eat You".
  • I kinda wanted the guy in the big inflatable ball to get eaten, because he was rudely running over the other people in the water.
  • "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming."
  • "Eight year olds hear everything."  
  • I was worried that she was hiding in the rescue vehicle that Jason Statham was using.  I guess she was smarter than that.
  • I saw that the boat's name was "Charlotte", like in "National Treasure", and wondered if there was a connection.  Yes, Sherry, the director, Jon Turteltaub, also directed NT.  Thank you, IMDB!
  • Haha.  "Fin."
That was fun.  I look forward to the inevitable viewing during Shark Week next year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment