Monday, September 17, 2018

#FindMargot

My Sunday movie during Labor Day weekend was "Searching", which I had been mildly interested in seeing when I read about it, but I saw the trailer and really looked forward to seeing the film.


  • First 5 minutes into the movie, and I was already crying.  It was like watching the first 5 minutes of "Up" again. But then the tension started, and...yikes.
  • Loved all of the twists and turns of the plot.
  • I became suspicious of almost everyone in the movie.  Everyone.  I am also now suspicious of everyone in my life.
  • "She was my best friend."  WHAT?!?!?
  • John Cho did a superb job.  I felt really sorry for him when people on social media were commenting that he killed her.  
  • "Bieber concert.  Confirmed."
  • Ummm...people in Northern California do not use "the" when naming freeways.  So Cal writer/actor fail.  Or maybe Vick was from So Cal?
  • In this Information Age, it seems like we know less about people than we did before all of this technology.  Or maybe we just never knew anyone at all.
This entire movie is made of spoilers, so this entry needs to be short.  Go see the movie!  I loved it.  If it's still showing in theaters and I have time, I'm going to watch it again and look for the Easter Egg clues.



No comments:

Post a Comment