Monday, September 3, 2018

Puppet Noir

I went to Universal Studios Hollywood during the day so I could go on Jurassic Park: The Ride one more time before it changes into whatever Jurassic World otherness.  I got soaked, but dried off in time to have dinner with my friends, then see "The Happytime Murders".

  • This is not your kids' muppet movie. Oh my goodness, it is NOT.
  • That opening scene, for instance, with the cow, and the milking.  Yikes!
  • If you have a puppet liver, you, too, can get hopped up on purple sugar crystals by using red vines as your snorting straw.  
  • Cousins should not breed with each other.  The kids screaming at themselves in the mirror gave me the giggle fits.  I'm giggling now as I type this.
  • Why do the dogs hate the puppets so much?!?  Oh, no, wait, it's because they think they're chew toys, right?
  • Don't call a puppet "sock".  It is derogatory and pisses them off.  Also, please don't call me a "meat sack".
  • Melissa McCarthy is hilarious as always.
  • Phil's brother trying to look more human, with the nose.  How is it that I didn't notice that?
  • Loved the credits: they show how the puppeteers worked the scenes.
I had fun watching this, and I laughed a lot.  I would see it again once it is shown on TV, but not with any kids in the room.  So, so, so NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment