Monday, February 16, 2015

Legend

Yesterday's Best Picture-nominated film was "American Sniper", which I watched with Linda.


  • Bradley Cooper really embodied his character.  I miss his clean-shaven face and longer hair, though.
  • Hoo-yah!
  • I don't think they were actually following the rules of that drinking game, because much more questions were being asked than shots were taken.
  • That scene at the mechanic's waiting room.  "Your dad saved my life... He's a hero."  The look on the kid's face was the beginning of my being a complete mess of tears.
  • I wish they had shown how his brother Jeff was feeling after he was done with his tour.
  • He must have died while they were in production.  I wonder how the movie would have ended otherwise.
  • Wow.  The sight of all of the Navy emblems on his casket has me crying all over again as I type this.
  • I really liked Ennio Morricone's "The Funeral" piece.  Beautiful arrangement of "Taps".
  • The silence during the ending credits was quite moving.  I'm pretty sure it made me cry even more as I thought of the story more.
  • Thank you for serving our country, Mr. Kyle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment