Saturday, February 14, 2015

Fly Away

The third movie from today's Best Picture Showcase was "Birdman".  

  • Well, that was weird.
  • I felt like Christian Bale's Batman was talking to Michael Keaton's Batman during the voice-overs.
  • He said that he hasn't played Birdman since 1992.  That's the year that he was in "Batman Returns".
  • Amazing job by Michael Keaton, even with the weird stuff.
  • This was the second film today wherein Edward Norton plays a part.
  • This was also the second film wherein drums were prominent in the story.
  • So the theme today:  Edward Norton playing the drums.
  • "Drum Score By Antonio Sanchez".  I don't think I've ever seen that credit listing before.
  • What marching band was that?
  • "We share a vagina".
  • We get jellyfish off the coast in Malibu?
  • Unlike the other 3 other movies I saw today, the audience did not applaud at the end.  However, when we voted before all of the movies started, this was the one that people predicted would win.  I wonder what the vote would have been if they took the poll *after* we saw the films?
I don't really need to see that movie again.  It was too weird for me.  The lady that sat near me felt the same way.  Perhaps this is my non-artsy self reacting, I don't know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment