Monday, February 16, 2015

Enigmatic

It's nice to have a 3-day weekend to catch up on these movies.  Today: "The Imitation Game".

  • CUMBERBATCH!  He's such a great actor.  
  • It's crazy to see how far we've come since that first computer.  I mean, here I am, typing this on a computer, which people can read on their mini-computer smartphones.  "Christopher" was huge.
  • The sounds that the computer made reminded me of the sounds they were listening to in "Contact".
  • If I was clever, I'd do this blog post in a cypher, just for fun.  I don't have the energy for that right now, though.
  • Hey, that speech on the radio was the one we heard in "The King's Speech"!  
  • "Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine."
  • "You don't like sandwiches."
  • "We're going to have such a wonderful war together."
  • Sigh.  It's tragic that the government treated such a brilliant man that way because of his sexual orientation.  I wonder what else he could have done had he not been so distraught.
  • "Now, if you wish you could have been normal... I can promise you I do not. The world is an infinitely better place precisely because you weren't."  Thank you for your persistence, Mr. Turing.

No comments:

Post a Comment