Saturday, December 4, 2010

Gearing Up for The Sing-Off

So here I am, back on the 'net, reading an article posted by the New York Times about The Sing-Off, and I'm taken aback.  


Just to prove to you that the producers really didn't know how to choose talent, I bring you this new factoid:  Rockapella Founder Sean Altman auditioned for the show in the first season with his current group The GrooveBarbers, and they were NOT chosen.  Idiots.  I know I'm biased, but still...


I'm happy that they mentioned Rockapella, though.  :)


Here is the article for your reading pleasure.  I found Sean's statements quite interesting, and agreed with all of them, not because he's Sean, but because I'm Sherry. :)  Seriously, though, it would be cool to see him as a judge, or at least in a guest spot on the show.  Any of Pella (former, current, all of them) on that show would make me ecstatic.


Here's some GrooveBarbers for you, as I go pick up my jaw from the floor.



2 comments:

  1. I agree with everything Sean said, as well. Surprised that The Groovy B's didn't pass the auditions for the first season. He mentioned that Jerry Lawson is part of season 2. Did Sean mean The Persuasions are competing? That's crazy!

    And yes, Sean needs to be a judge, or any pella for that matter. Too bad Scott had to turn them down for the first season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry is actually no longer with The Persuasions.

    He is now with Talk of the Town.
    http://jerrylawsontalkofthetown.com/index.htm

    I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing that!

    ReplyDelete