Saturday, November 27, 2010

HP7.1 X 2 = No 3D, Thankyouverymuch!

Linda and I saw "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" on opening night last Friday, and again this Thanksgiving Friday to accompany Bro and V.  I guess we liked it. :)



  • We were really glad that we didn't see this movie in 3D.  I'm OK with snakes, and I deliberately didn't watch a couple of parts in regular D.
  • I want Hermione's bag.  It's like Mary Poppins' carpet bag. Or a clown car, except it's not a car, and I didn't see any clowns.
  • People have been raving about Hermione's red dress.  I shall join them in my rave.  It's gorgeous, and I want it.  It was custom-made, though.
  • Having read the books, I'm trying to refrain from naming all of the 7 horcruxes for those that don't know.  But then I can't remember if the movies are going to show all of them, since I thought I had read that they weren't going to show all of them.  I'm all confused.
  • That polyjuice potion is some fun stuff.  I'm thinking that if I could make some of that for myself, I'd probably abuse it to satisfy my curiosity.  Note to self:  beware of people who don't talk when you try to converse with them.  They might have taken some polyjuice potion and don't want you to hear their real voice.  
  • I liked hearing the fans in the audience whisper with affection, "DOBBY!"
  • Harry and Hermione have great chemistry.  It's no wonder that Ron was jealous.
  • "Keep saying that thing with the ball of light.  She'll come around."
  • "I'm always mad at him."
  • I really liked the animation while Hermione told the story of the Deathly Hallows.    
  • I like the end of the credits where it shows the Deathly Hallows symbol and the Elder Wand.
I am eagerly awaiting Part 2 of this movie, albeit with a bit of hesitancy.  I wept when I finished the HP series, partly from the story, and partly because such a great series was over.  I know that the next movie, being the last, will give me the same fulfilled yet empty feeling.

If you haven't seen the other movies, I recommend that you see them before this one.  The series really does build on the prior books anyway, but this one, more than the others, relies on you knowing a couple of things that have happened in prior installments.

One of my friends will be doing a marathon prior to the viewing of the last film.  I'm seriously thinking of doing the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment