Thursday, August 21, 2008

Reliving the Day

So I bet you thought that all my gushing about DCI Finals was over.

Not quite yet.

Today, I received my DCI online newletter, which contained a link to their podcast that included what it sounded like to be on the field when the scores were announced for both Open and World Class Finals. So I got to live it all over again.

And tears came to my eyes.

That really was an incredible day for a drum corps fan. The drama! The crazily close scores! The emotions of the people involved with the corps! The podcast included short interviews with different people from Phregiment and SCVC. I loved that he was able to talk to "Spartacus," and that a corps member talked about how difficult it was to stand at attention when all the excitement was happening over the scores. Dan Potter also mentioned that tears were streaming down the faces of everyone in the corps. How wonderful it must be to feel on top of the world when you're 22 years old (or younger)! I miss those days. ;)

Mr. Potter talked about how this year's Phregiment show has probably changed the face of drumcorps, because they made the audience care about the characters of everyone on the field. That pretty much says it all.

I need to order this year's DVDs sooner than usual, and I hope that they include the announcement of the scores this time, because it really was an amazing night, and, like Mr. Potter said, was probably the loudest reaction ever heard at a drum corps event.

Done gushing. For now.

But I just thought I'd leave you with this image: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q167/jazzycat1_album/Betrayal.jpg

Oh, and Happy Phantom Regiment Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment