Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Closest I'll Get to Being a Trekkie

Back in Ogden, one of the groups to sing was a Barbershop quartet named "Hi-Fidelity." They were Harmony Sweepstakes winners, and I can understand why after hearing them this weekend.

They sang their entire set wearing the uniforms of those in the original Star Trek series, and sang a few songs to go along with the theme. These songs are available on their CD "Reach for the Stars."

Here are a couple of youtube clips from other shows, with the ST stuff. Although I'm not a Trekkie, I pretty much understood everything that was going on, and it was very funny.






They also did an AMAZING rendition of "Bye, Bye, Blackbird," during which they changed keys at almost every bar of the song. It must have been REALLY difficult to sing, much less arrange or read! I probably would have awarded them the highest marks on that song alone. Well, provided that they weren't up against Rockapella. :) That's on a different CD, though, so I guess I'm getting 2 of them!

Live Long, Prosper, and Sing Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment