Tuesday, February 5, 2008

When 18 Seconds Lasts for Hours

I received this in an e-mail recently, and thought that I would post it. Why should I have all the stress, when it can be shared with others?

Air Force Test

It took a lot of practice to get me past 18 seconds (18.657 actually), but I finally did it! I didn't try to last 2 minutes, because that would just take way more effort, and I don't plan on flying a fighter plane anytime soon. (Supposedly, the USAF uses this for their fighter pilots, and they are required to last at least 2 minutes). Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. OK, I got to 18 seconds, and my longest was 19.5. I can't imagine going two minutes with that. I think I did well because of all my extensive training (i.e., years of video game playing that teaches you good hand/eye coordination). So what exactly is this supposed to prove for Air Force training? Are the fighter pilots ducking diving enemy planes and/or bombs? Or are they prepping the Air Force pilots to fight against rectangular-shaped beings from another world who will eventually attack?

    I think this is really just a good illustration of time being relative. 18 seconds doesn't seem like a long time. But it all depends on what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete