Thursday, February 21, 2008

Whacked Out People

Sometimes people are just insane.

A couple of weeks ago, I texted some of my friends because a co-worker told me that one of my fellow team members didn't like me. I never thought it was true, but it still bugged me because that team member and I interact constantly.

So yesterday, I told my teammate what this manipulative person said to me. She got really offended because someone would tell an outright lie about her. I then told our superior about it in regular conversation, and she said that this same manipulative person says stuff like that to her all the time. "You know what? {Random Name} doesn't like you."

I mean, what the hell is that about? First of all, do I need to know that the person doesn't like me? Since when did that person become the Office Confidante, that anyone would tell her whom we don't like? Does she think that if I'm at odds with a fellow manager, that she would somehow get away with something because of it? Does she not think that I might actually TALK to the other manager about what she said? That's not the way our team works...at least, that's not how I work with my team.

I think it's sad that someone is so insecure that they need to pit people against each other just to make themselves feel better. Go fix yourself already, because there's enough real drama around that we don't need any made-up stuff to add to the office soap opera. Sheesh.

I honestly don't get paid enough to deal with this crap. I've already talked to this person about what she says to people. It obviously didn't get anywhere past her earlobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment