Monday, February 4, 2008

What a Pleasant Phone Call!

My dad called me about 5 times today to discuss some home improvements. Yes, V, I'll be resolving the door situation. :)

Then I got another phone call, but it wasn't from Dad. It was his grandson, aka my nephew Brady, who FINALLY decided to say the word "Tita." Awwwww......

I couldn't even believe it, but I'm glad they thought to call me. Thanks, guys! (No, apparently it wasn't a fluke, though he wouldn't repeat himself on the phone....it was apparently the 5th time he'd said the word that day when he saw my picture).

I'm all smiles now. That's my boy.

2 comments:

  1. You're presumably the only one he would call that, right? At least that won't confuse him. My sister taught her daughter (the one who's now 25!) to know me as "auntie". Well, I guess at that young age, she must have figured it was a single-person identifier, like "mom" or "dad". At one point, some other person was around, and my sister told her that person was "auntie", since that's a generic for anyone close as well. My niece looked at the person, looked at me, looked at the person again, and then looked completely confused. As far as she knew, I was "auntie", so she didn't understand why this other person had my name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do the same thing with "auntie" and "uncle" for anyone of our parents' ages/friends. "Tita" and "Tito" are used in that manner as well. However, Brady has not learned that anyone but me is called "Tita." He'll probably get confused when he sees his dad or me calling someone else that, though that hasn't happened quite yet.

    ReplyDelete