Sunday, July 7, 2019

You Do Not Ghost Nick Fury!

Somehow my friends and I agreed to go to a 12:30 am showing of "Spider-Man: Far From Home" on opening day, so I took a nap beforehand.  I'm always amazed at the amount of people that are as crazy as we are, and go to this screening.  Don't any of us have jobs to go to in the morning?  Since we went to the IMAX screening, we each got a mini figurine.

Spidey about to swing away from my keyboard



  • Interesting transition from the Columbia Pictures logo to a statue of Mary.
  • Aw, all of the images of Iron Man, like the drawings at the school.
  • "Even Dead I'm The Hero"
  • "Getting tranqued by Nick Fury is probably the coolest thing that's ever happened to me."
  • "He makes me want to be a better man...Hey, Dickwad!"
  • "You mean there's a multi-verse?!"
  • "Bitch, please.  You've been to space."
  • "He figured you wouldn't know the quote because it wasn't from 'Star Wars'."
  • Poor Mr. Harrington.  I like Martin Starr from "Silicon Valley", and it's a change to see him as this hapless teacher.
  • "I was only 67% sure."
  • I like MJ more now than I did in "Homecoming".  I still want her to have red hair, though.
  • "How does Cap do that?"
  • "I love Led Zeppelin!"
  • Yay! JK Simmons!
  • "I'm in love with Spider-Man's aunt."
  • Peter Tingle
  • Love the look that Happy has when he sees Peter putting his new suit together.

I really enjoyed this movie.  I don't think I'll be able to see it again before it leaves theaters, because I'm way behind on my movie viewing, but I'll try!


2 comments:

  1. With the jerk kid, I noticed they twice made a point of indicating that he was neglected/ignored by his mom. I don't remember if they did that in the first film and/or if it's supposed to lead to something later, like he becomes a villain.

    And given the titles of the first two films, what's the third gonna be called? Something like "Home Away From Home"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be a Western: "Spider-Man: Home on the Range",

    I don't remember much about the jerk kid from the first film, but I do remember that the comics fans were excited that Flash was there. I'm curious, but I don't know if looking up the comics would spoil it for me.

    ReplyDelete