Saturday, December 8, 2018

Wands Ready

I wore my Hogwarts sweatshirt when I went to the theater to see "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald".  I also wore my Oreoboros shirt because I'm Slytherin house, and the shirt not only has a snake on it, it's green!

  • I don't know why anyone thinks they can just transport Grindelwald without someone using polyjuice potion.
  • Let me open my dress so you can enter the Wizarding World.
  • I really like the beasts in this series, and in this film my favorites are the Scottish Kelpie and the Chinese Zouwu.  Their movements must have been really difficult to create.
  • The other reason for the shirt: the reveal of Nagini, which I already knew about because I saw a spoiler.
  • "Her eyes are like a salamander's."
  • I love the casting of Jude Law as young Dumbledore!  
  • Aw, Leta.  Interesting that she's so different from Bellatrix and doesn't seem prejudiced against those whom aren't purebloods.
  • There has always been a storyline about purebloods versus muggles since the Potter series, but in this series, it's much more pronounced.  I find the issue of this brand of racism even more interesting given today's political environment.  
  • I'm looking forward to seeing how Dumbledore and Grindelwald came to the point of being "closer than brothers".  
  • That last reveal, though: it BLEW MY MIND.  The next film can't come soon enough!  
Great movie.  I hope I can see it again before it leaves theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment