Wednesday, December 12, 2018

This Is A Story About A Thief

I saw "Robin Hood" this weekend.  Not the animated film which I think I've never seen in its entirety, not the musical, and not Russell Crowe's film, which I've never seen and might not ever see, but I don't know.  The one with Taron Egerton.

  • Why do I love seeing archery fights so much?  I guess because they require more skill than guns.  Awesome arrow work, especially during the training session.
  • Always enjoy seeing Ben Mendelsohn as a baddie.
  • What I love about Marian is that she's not stupid.  "Well, it fooled everybody else!"
  • OK, so I get that Jamie Foxx is John, but when do they start calling him "Little John"? Because he doesn't seem shorter than Robin.
  • I don't remember Little John having only one hand in the other stories.
  • I really liked Tim Minchin as Friar Tuck, mostly because of his humor.
  • Oh, that's how I know Jamie Dornan!  He was the Huntsman in Once Upon A Time.  
  • All of the people wearing the hoods reminded me of the scene in "The Three Amigos".
  • Hmmm...looks like this is set up to be the first of a series.  I guess it makes sense that someone needed to become the new Sheriff of Nottingham.  I can go with that.  Origin story!
I'm glad I got to see this in the theater, because I really did enjoy the action scenes.  



No comments:

Post a Comment