Friday, December 7, 2018

Everything

I saw "Beautiful Boy" a couple of weeks ago.


  • Timothee Chalamet slays me, man.  How is he so brilliant?
  • I know parents would do anything for their kids, even going out into the pouring rain to find them all drugged out in alleys.  Steve Carell does a great job of portraying one of those parents.  
  • I think that what really got to me was the flashbacks to Nic as a child.  I mean, you really don't know when a kid is so small that they're going to end up this way, and all a parent can think sometimes is "What happened to that kid?"  How do you deal with that huge change?  
  • It's Steve and Amy, together again!  Aw, I miss "The Office".
  • I kind of wish we had seen more of Maura Tierney's character's struggle.  What would she have said if she had caught up with Nic when she was following him in the minivan?  I don't really know.
  • I had no idea that this was based on books written by father and son David and Nic Scheff until I saw the credits.  Very interesting how they were able to put both sides together.
  • "Let it Enfold You" was the poem recited during the credits.  I need to read that because I don't think he had enough time to read the whole thing.
  • "Do you know how much I love you?  I love you more than everything."  Oh, dammit, I'm crying again.
So, well, yes, I cried buckets of tears.  I really liked this movie, although I think it would be too painful for me to watch several times.  

No comments:

Post a Comment