Sunday, May 17, 2015

Pitch Perfect 2: A Capella Boogaloo

We're back, Pitches!  Bro, V and I hightailed it to the AMC in Fallbrook to see Pitch Perfect 2, and we had big leather reclining seats, but the only seats left online were in the front row, so my neck ached by the end of the movie.  But we had fun!

  • Opening Universal logo was done in a capella by Elizabeth Banks and John Michael Higgins, which was a great start to the movie.
  • How could we not love this thing?  After that opening, a marching band.  Then a capella.  I mean, YEAH, baby!
  • Not enough Treblemakers.  Or, "Treblahmeckers".  I want to hear more Jesse!
  • Too much Bumper.  He was already a little too much in the first movie, so this was way too much for me.  I did like his story with Fat Amy, especially the pause in her serenade to him, but I didn't need to see that much of it.
  • I love the way Anna Kendrick does her throwaway lines about the woman from DSM.  "Your sweat smells like cinnamon!"
  • Pentatonix! Filharmonics!  Hi, you guys!!!
  • Cried.  Twice, I think.  Maybe more than that.  That campfire scene.  The Worlds.  Sigh.
  • That battle was intense.  I love those battles.  I don't know if I would have been able to participate in one back in my college days, but that would have been fun.
  • Do you think that Snoop Dogg/Lion will really release a Christmas album now?
  • I like that "Flashlight" song.  I need to stop typing for a moment and get that CD.
  • Packers.  So randomly aca-awesome.
I laughed, I cried, it became a part of me.  No, really.  I keep singing songs from the CD that I just purchased.

Because I can't get enough of these riff-offs, especially when they involve Anna Kendrick:


No comments:

Post a Comment