Tuesday, November 20, 2012

There's A Glitch in the Matrix

Opening night of "Wreck It Ralph" at the El Capitan.  Of course I was there with my friends!  We had our usual VIP seats and Glenn got Linda and me to check in with the FilmPulse app, so that we could get a prize: either a small popcorn or a medal.  Who are these clowns that opt for the popcorn?  Maybe they didn't have VIP tickets that include popcorn.  

Before the movie, I arrived early and went shopping for something warmer to wear over my short sleeved blouse.  I found a wrap/sweater in a store that I like at Hollywood & Highland, then I bought the marquee pin of Wreck It Ralph at the Disney Soda Fountain and Studio Store.  Glenn met up with me and did the same.  Bought the pin, I mean.  He didn't buy a cute wrap at the store that I like.

I got a picture of the big Wreck It Ralph guy in the lobby.
Ralph



There was a little show before the movie, which included dancing from a couple of the characters from the movie.  Then on with the show!

  • How could I not enjoy that group therapy Bad-Anon session?  So very much my thing.  :)
  • Got all nostalgic for the arcade that was very close to my house when I was growing up.  Ahh, memories of my friends and me frequenting that place as much as possible.
  • Loved seeing all of the characters in the power strip.  I'm hoping that TRON was somewhere in there, since this is a Disney movie about video games, for crying out loud.
  • Also love that the station's openings are the sockets for the plugs, although I didn't get that until I saw a still a couple of days later.  Duh, Sher.
  • I want a doll of the little Asian-looking girl with pigtails, but they don't seem to have any merchandise of her.  Just the other mean girls.  I'm sure she's mean, too, but I like her style. But Vanellope is way cute, too.
  • Cotton candy clouds!  Cindy needs to go there.
  • Jane Lynch is all kinds of awesome, especially in such high definition, as Fix-It-Felix would marvel at Sergeant Calhoun.
  • I want to make a candy car!  
  • OK, I loved it when Ralph was in Pac-Man's game and took the cherries.  Awesome.
  • Diet Coke and Mentos.  Coolness.
  • Well, milk my duds!
I really enjoyed this movie, as did my companions.  I recommend it especially for any of you that grew up in the video game era.  Now I need to get back to the Disney website and play some games.  

No comments:

Post a Comment