Sunday, November 18, 2012

Argo F*?% Yourself

After our post-CHOC Walk brunch, Glendy and I went to the AMC to watch "Argo".

  • Great movie.  Ben Affleck has become quite a talented director.
  • Very cool to see the old 1970s WB logo to open the film.
  • Ah, those 1970s hair and clothing styles!  I wanted to cut everyone's hair, especially Victor Garber's hair.
  • I just learned that the storyboards for the fake movie were, indeed drawn by Jack Kirby, the famous comic-book artist.  Cool!
  • I was tense throughout this movie.  At one point, I noticed that my hands were clenched and I needed to relax for a moment.  The relaxation didn't last very long.
  • I was pissed off that the one guy wouldn't agree to the plan until way later.  Dude, you've been in hiding forever, and you're just going to stay there and do nothing?
  • John Goodman and Alan Arkin are hilarious, as usual.  They need to do a buddy movie. 
  • Hey, Adrienne Barbeau!  Even though she wasn't playing herself, it just reminds me of the whoel 1970s era thing.  So did the reference to "The Love Boat".
  • Also, Tom Lenk from Buffy!  
  • Had my history classes been as entertaining as this movie, I would have paid more attention.  No, it wasn't a documentary, and artistic license was taken, but I learned a lot about the US relations with Iran in this movie, which I didn't understand as much when I was younger and it was all actually happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment