Friday, May 11, 2012

We Have A Hulk


I've been waiting for The Avengers  movie ever since I saw "Iron Man".  I was bummed that I couldn't go to the midnight show on opening day, because I had thought that I'd be out of town that night.  But it's probably for the best that I didn't, because I needed the sleep.  Anyway, I bought my Arclight ticket for later that evening.  Frank's here!  He's the guy that was the greeter the night that I saw "Captain America: The First Avenger", so that's totally cool that he was there again for "The Avengers".  I was seated behind a guy with a Captain America shield.  I love opening night!


The trailers we saw were for "Brave" (Yay!), "Prometheus", and "The Amazing Spider-man".  Some of my favorite moments of the evening:
  • "His first name is 'Agent'."
  • "I was having 12 percent of a moment."
  • Steve Rogers paying off his bet to Fury
  • "How does Fury look at this? "
  • "That's my secret.  I'm always angry."
  • "I'm listening."
  • "There is only one god.  And I'm sure he doesn't dress like that."
  • "Dost mother know  you weareth her drapes?"
  • "You people are so petty.  And tiny."
  • I love that Tony Stark is wearing a Black Sabbath t-shirt.
  • Was that one battle at Yosemite?  Did they just scale Half Dome in half a second?
  • Aw...Phil.
  • Second movie this year with archery.  Third one coming up next month.  Will there be any Robin Hood movies this year?
  • GALAGA!!!
  • I want shwarma now.
  • I wonder what the Special Thanks for Ralph Macchio was about.
  • Seen on vanity license plate as I was exiting the parking structure: GRRARGG.  I heart Joss Whedon fans.
I hope I get time to watch this again in the theater.  Loved it.

1 comment:

  1. We busted up at Thor's "He's adopted." I think we missed the next line or two because of the laughter in the theatre, so I'm hoping to hear it when we see the movie again. Same for the line or two we missed after Loki discovers that he can't control Tony Stark because he can't get to his heart.

    But I think the most memorable scene for me was Hulk slamming Loki back and forth on the pavement like a ragdoll.

    ReplyDelete