I've been waiting for The Avengers movie ever since I saw "Iron Man". I was bummed that I couldn't go to the midnight show on opening day, because I had thought that I'd be out of town that night. But it's probably for the best that I didn't, because I needed the sleep. Anyway, I bought my Arclight ticket for later that evening. Frank's here! He's the guy that was the greeter the night that I saw "Captain America: The First Avenger", so that's totally cool that he was there again for "The Avengers". I was seated behind a guy with a Captain America shield. I love opening night!
The trailers we saw were for "Brave" (Yay!), "Prometheus", and "The Amazing Spider-man". Some of my favorite moments of the evening:
- "His first name is 'Agent'."
- "I was having 12 percent of a moment."
- Steve Rogers paying off his bet to Fury
- "How does Fury look at this? "
- "That's my secret. I'm always angry."
- "I'm listening."
- "There is only one god. And I'm sure he doesn't dress like that."
- "Dost mother know you weareth her drapes?"
- "You people are so petty. And tiny."
- I love that Tony Stark is wearing a Black Sabbath t-shirt.
- Was that one battle at Yosemite? Did they just scale Half Dome in half a second?
- Second movie this year with archery. Third one coming up next month. Will there be any Robin Hood movies this year?
- I want shwarma now.
- I wonder what the Special Thanks for Ralph Macchio was about.
- Seen on vanity license plate as I was exiting the parking structure: GRRARGG. I heart Joss Whedon fans.
I hope I get time to watch this again in the theater. Loved it.