Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Making 3D Look Good

I had some time to kill before checking into my hotel the other day, so I decided to go see a movie, opting for Men In Black 3 in 3D.  I ended up getting an iced tea that should last me all week.  I mean, does anyone really finish those things during one movie?  

  • I heart Danny Elfman, and I'm glad that he's stayed with this entire series of movies, because it just wouldn't sound the same without his score.
  • Josh Brolin does an outstanding portrayal of a young Tommy Lee Jones' K.
  • How could I not like this movie?  It involves time travel!
  • I could have sworn that Tim Curry was playing Boris The Animal.  His voice was just right, and I could see Curry in that makeup/costume.  But no, it was Jemaine Clement.  
  • Aw, that ending made me cry.  For Men in Black.  So now I cry at alien movies, even when they're not E.T. the Extraterrestrial.
  • Doesn't "getting pie" mean that you're going to be neuralized?
  • I thought that K played a lot of Elvis songs.  Was Elvis a cowboy?
  • I'm also now confused about whoever the woman was in the first MiB that K had to leave behind.  When did that happen, and how does it fit in with the O storyline?  Am I just supposed to forget the details from the first flm?
  • Bill Hader needs to play Andy Warhol on SNL, if he hasn't already done so.  "You've got to fake my death, K....I can't tell which ones are men and which ones are women!"
  • I liked that each jump through time involved seeing Earth from the beginning, with the dinosaurs.
That was fun.  It's weird to see Will Smith in a summer movie that didn't open on July 4 weekend, though.  A great addition to the MiB series, even with those details that confused me.

No comments:

Post a Comment