Saturday, May 26, 2012

I Wanted The Glow

A couple of co-workers and I needed to find stuff to do while in Sacramento for some training, so we decided to see "What to Expect When You're Expecting".  

  • I like to see Matthew Morrison dance.  I would ask for more of that in this movie, but then it wouldn't be about expecting babies anymore.
  • Yay! Food truck love!  
  • Elizabeth Banks is the best.  I liked her story a lot, because her stuff was too real for her character to bear, and I loved her meltdown.
  • The J-Lo story made me tear up a little bit at the end, as I thought of friends who are currently very close to adopting their own baby.  I'm so excited for them!
  • I liked the concept of The Dudes, the execution not so much.  I did not understand why they were so in awe of the Davis guy.
  • Aw, poor Jordan.  Somebody needs to make him wear a helmet everywhere.
  • As much as I love Dennis Quaid, I do not like to see him being a shallow jerk.
  • Oh, THAT's where I've seen Rodrigo Santoro before.  He was Paulo, a character on Lost that really didn't need to be there.  He is quite handsome, though, and he did have a story in this movie, so I didn't mind him being in it. ;)
  • I liked the fact that Dwyane Wade was one of the contestants in the dance competition.  Why aren't other basketball players on Dancing With The Stars?  Has it only been football players that do that?
  • The movie really didn't focus on pregnancy as much as the relationships wherein a pregnancy takes place. Perhaps that's why I liked Banks' story the best: because it actually had something to do with the pregnancy itself.
It was a funny movie, but it wasn't great.  Just OK.  I'd like to see more star-studded movies that are actually well done, like The Avengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment