Saturday, May 19, 2012

Vampy Camp

I arrived in Sacto early, said hi to Spider Bunny, and found out that my friend Arielle was available to play for the day.  That made me happy, because I was too tired to follow my original plan to drive to Napa.  So we saw "Dark Shadows".  Arielle is familiar with the original Dark Shadows TV serial.  I am familiar with the 1991 remake series.  Thus we were both looking forward to seeing the film.

  • I was a little nervous about the campy commercials ruining my good memories of the show, but then I remembered that the series was a bit campy anyway, so I went with it.  I had been watching the DS marathon on the Chiller channel the day before, and I realized that we've come a long way since then with the vampire make-up.  
  • I thought that Angelique was a little *too* campy, though.  Maybe I had a little subconscious jealousy because Eva Green also played opposite Joseph Fiennes, in "Camelot".  And now she's having crazy supernatural sex with Johnny Depp?  Can I please get paid to do such things?
  • Oh, Johnny Depp.  Even as a vampire with blood all over your face, I still love you.
  • When JD and Michelle Pfeiffer were on The Ellen DeGeneres Show earlier in the week, Ellen's introduction was "I decided to only invite insanely attractive people for today's show."  Totally.  I also love MP.  I guess I love people with well-defined cheekbones.
  • I can't look at Jackie Earle Haley without thinking of the Bad News Bears.  That was a great movie.
  • Arielle was happy to see Christopher Lee.  Since I really only know him as a bad guy, I thought he was one immediately.  Sherry, they're ACTORS.  They play a lot of different roles.  
  • I liked the music that was used, especially "Top of the World".  Reveal yourself, tiny songstress!
  • I didn't recognize the music that Elman used from the original show in his score, but I did like his main theme.
  • Fifteen, and no husband? You must put those child-bearing hips to good use, lest your womb shrivel up and die.
  • Heh.  Macrame.
That was a fun movie.  We then went to Danielle's for a yummy late lunch, and also got our nails done.  What a great girly day!  Thanks, Arielle!

No comments:

Post a Comment