Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Sing-Off 3.3

I'm watching this 2 days after the original airing, due to other fun stuff getting in the way.


This week's show features all of the Top 10, now with both brackets together.


Group Performance: "All Night Long" by Lionel Ritchie
I have news for you people, especially Deliliah:  it's pronounced "ALL", and not "HALL".  Geez, I hate that.  I wish they could have featured the "trumpets" a litte bit more.  


Ooh, it's a double-elimination night.  Scary!


Ha.  "Boyz II Men to Judge".


This week's challenge is Guilty Pleasures.


Yellowjackets:  "Wannabe" by The Spice Girls
I like the skip-dancing.  Go, Jamal!  Like the cute British Girl rap.  That was quite enjoyable! "Flarp", Shawn?  Really?  


Delilah: "Flashdance...What A Feelin'" by Irene Cara
I don't like the opening harmonies.  I think maybe the key was too low for the lead.  The song just needed more oomph for me.  Hmmm...I'm kinda hearing the judges give them the kiss-off.


North Shore: "MmmBop" by Hanson  "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News
Aw, I wanted to hear how they would do the Hanson thing.  A little bit flat at the beginning of the song from the lead, but the rest of the group is supporting him so well that he gets back up there.  Kind of.  I just didn't like it as much as I've liked their other stuff.  


The Collective: "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor
Trying to start off with a bang does not work when you start with a raspy vocal.  I do like hearing the 2 females together, though.  Whoa.  Ben just said "vocal percussion" instead of "beatbox", and it was appropriate!


Dartmouth Aires: "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield
I like their jackets, and I wonder if the show provided those for them.  Some of those harmonies needed some pitch help.  I like the litle kick to end the silence.  The lead wasn't as strong as I'd like him to be.  What is happening with the groups that I've been liking?  "Clark Moment".  That made me giggle.  


My pick for this set: Yellowjackets


1st set results:
Moving on to next round: The Collective, Yellowjackets, Dartmouth Aires, and Delilah
Hmmm...getting rid of the more experienced people again, I see.  I'm sure that I heard boos in the audience.


North Shore's Swan Song: "Good Night, Sweetheart".  Sigh.  I hate that you're leaving, guys.


Let's move on and hope for the best.


Afro-Blue: "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston
With this group, I already get excited when I hear them rehearse.  Nice!  I liked all of that except for one of the solos, which was a little weak.  But I liked the dancing, the harmonies, and the singing.  I can't believe that Ben didn't understand all of the words.  Shawn is out of control with the Soul Train stuff.  


Pentatonix: "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles
I like the VP intro.  That guy's full of sound effects!  They are performing the heck out of this song, and I love it!  


Deltones: "Listen To Your Heart" by Roxette
Those skirts do not look good on them.  Musically, though, they were very good.  


Urban Method: "Poison" by Bell Biv Devoe
OK, that made me smile for the whole song.  Awesome!  I also love the girl moves during "Never trust a big butt and a smile".  Shawn is out of control again, and I don't blame him a bit.  What happened to Ben?!  He was like, speaking in rap tongues.


Vocal Point: "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins
Yay!  They're complete now!  Nice high note!  That was fun.


Wow.  This is a difficult set to choose from, but my pick is Urban Method.


2nd set results:
Moving on to the next round: Pentatonix, Urban Method, Vocal Point and Afro-Blue.


(Phew!)


Deltones' Swan Song: "Goodbye to You" by Michelle Branch


Well, at least I didn't lose 2 of my favorite groups.  Just one.  :(







No comments:

Post a Comment