Saturday, June 11, 2011

First Frenemies

After a wonderfully delicious wine dinner at Catal, my friends and I saw "X-Men: First Class".  OK, some of us saw it.  ONE of us was sleeping through a good chunk of it, but I dared not interrupt their peaceful dreaming.  ;)



  • Yay!  Origin story!!!
  • Yay!  Vintage comic book uniforms!
  • OMG, it's Kevin Bacon, whom is now just one degree of separation from a slew of new people.  He was a fun villain.
  • James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender were a great team as Professor X and Magneto, and I loved seeing what drew them apart.  They were both dreamy to look at, too.
  • I really liked January Jones as Emma Frost.  I also love that her actual name fits for the character she portrays.  :)  Along with her icy portrayal as Betty Draper in "Mad Men", it makes me wonder if she's actually a nice person in real life.  I know that she looks just as fabulous in real life, having seen her in person, but I've never met her.
  • Yay, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique!  I liked seeing her vulnerability.  It made me care a lot more about her than I had in other movies.
  • I also liked Hank McCoy as Beast, and I couldn't wait for him to turn blue.  ;)
  • Yes, I did see Storm when Cerebro was looking for all of the mutants in the world.  Cool.
  • Sequels?  Yes, please!
  • I heart Hugh Jackman, even when he only says 3 words.  
I'm looking forward to watching this over and over again when it reaches HBO.  Great movie.

2 comments:

  1. Did you see Scott/Cyclops as well, when Cerebro was looking for all the mutants. There were a couple of more that I can't recall at the moment. That was fun.

    Love Nicholas Hoult as the "young/pre-blue" Beast. He was that little kid from About A Boy with Hugh Grant.

    Did you know January Jones used to date Ashton Kutcher, and he dumped her because he said that she'd never really make it far as an actor? hah!

    James and Michael - I've loved them forever, when they were virtual unknowns. You should watch Michael in Fish Tank (indie movie). Oy, and yum. ;)

    It was funny when the whole audience went "ahhh..." as soon as they showed what caused Charles' paralysis. It was like, "ohh, so THAT'S how it happened." LOL

    Yes, sequel(s) please. And I want to see it over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugh Jackman - Best.cameo.ever.

    I, however, did not recognize Rebecca HardToSpellLastName as the adult Mystique.

    ReplyDelete