Friday, June 17, 2011

Fill In The Blank

Rockapella on a Boat
Carnival Glory: Ebony Cabaret Room
Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Liz and I found the rest of the Posse toward the back middle of the room.  We sat on the comfy leather couch, and I wanted a mango martini.  Yes, I know I had one the night before.  Yes, I know I got one later that night. Shut up.  The stage was the same one used for the Rock Star events, so there was a drum set in the back of the stage, with a sound shell in front of it.  

The guys, classy as always, still wore their snazzy suits.  Dan and June made sure that nobody got into our private concert by standing by the door and guarding us.  APPARENTLY, there were some people that wanted to go on the cruise at a cheaper rate, which would mean that they weren't part of our group, and they wanted to still see the shows.  Well, folks, there's a reason we paid to go on the cruise and hang with the Pella, so you're just out of luck.  Perhaps, though, they could have done a live feed to the cabin TVs, or at least do one show open to the rest of the boat, after they give reserved seats to those in our group.  It would be good marketing, I think.  But anyway, this show was ours, and we were very, very happy.  

Tonight
I was distracted by the lady taking our drink orders.  Why didn't she do this before the show started?  She was in the room and just talking to the other employees.  UGH.

Scott said that he'd never been on a cruise before.  Then: "For those of you who have not seen us 180 times, let me introduce you to the band."  I love how Scott thinks that he still needs to do the actual show script for the Pella Faithful.

Zip
I like when Steve and JKB sing "Get my money" and Steve acts like JKB is mugging him.  

Just My Imagination/Imagine
I love the way Geo does his "RUN" all cool-like.

I can't read my notes. Perhaps I had a drink by then.  Sorry.  I wrote something about Scott saying that John had a Holy Land Experience in church.  Scott went to church and learned "White Gospel."  

Tell Me What You Want
"Baby, push back your mind"

Scott:  "So...the New Guy"...he thanked Dan and June for organizing the cruise.  He told us that Rockapella used to play at a place in New Jersey.  Then he spotted a guy in the audience and said, "This guy is wearing a Red Sox hat.  I don't really like that at all."  He just rambled on.  "Steve's Armenian, but your mother isn't."  No, he wasn't talking to all of us about our mothers.  Just Steve's mom.  I guess Scott gets really distracted when he hates another baseball team.

Cupid 
Scott was getting water at the start of the song, and listened instead of coming in on time.

Scott asked a couple of fans, Pat and Dave, "How did today go?"  They rode Segways in Cozumel.  Scott said, "I didn't go off the boat.  It was kinda..."  (I told you he rambled a lot).  BTW, Pat had written on the memo pad on our door that she wanted a shirt.  Sorry, Pat.  It was a limited edition.

Hard Time
Scott acted like he was driving a Segway.

Geo: "I think they should give us a Segway."  I would love to see them do a whole show on Segways.  It would need to be recorded for posterity.

California Sad-Eyed Girl
Cali representin in da house!  Scott pointed us out to everyone.  Hi!  The chairs that they had were barstools with backs.  Scott said, "We've called you here for our meeting tonight."  Jenn all of a sudden missed Elliott.  (She had something to drink, too...not that I don't miss El, but this was a weird song for her to miss him.  Kevin, yes.  El?  OK).  

They were talking too fast for me.  My notes:
"Scott: I don't know if you know what Geo is doing on this.  But he's (an entire blank line)"
"JT:  Colleen gets around."
"Scott regarding JT: blank line of spit.  It's like a tape that you can't work."
"JT: This is my best!"
OMG, Sher.  Writing quickly in the dark while possibly tipsy.  Yikes.  I'd blame it on the fact that I'm writing this months later, but I don't think I'd have figured it out the next day anyway.

Scott talked about Geo being in what would become Boyz II Men.  Geo:  "Sucks, huh?"
John said that Scott is the original James Bond.  He also drinks 48 ounces a day of Diet Mountain Dew (yes, that was a trivia question).

Paper Doll

Rock the Boat
Dubbed the theme of the week.  Zabadap zebo din Zabada (yes, that's in my notes).  Ooh, ooh was sung higher.  Scott's dance for the night is called "The Poseidon".  John jumped and pirouetted only once, yelling "Aha ha!"  He ended the song with more pirouettes.  I like it when JT gets to sing.  I was worried, though, that John (and the others) would fall down because the boat was rocking a little bit while they were dancing.  Their moves were, indeed, a little toned down.

Bang
Scott forgot the key.  "Should we ask to do something that's pure energy?"  "Some people think I sing it, it should be Bond."  Then he chastised all of us: "You've been here too much.  You know already." 

John said that in Cozumel, he rented a car and drove around town.

My Girl/Beg
Liza was chosen.  John told her, "Act like you don't know me."  Scott asked her, "What's the octopus on your neck?"  I, of course, only wrote "L:"  Um, WTF, Sher?!  

Steve pretended to let her off the stage, announcing loudly, "I'M PRETENDING!"
"Baby, baby, I got what you need."  They twirled her around instead of letting her dance, presumably so she also would not fall down.  

Sher's note: "JT pretending to (blank line)"  AUGH!

Geo said, "I'd like to sing a song for all the women."  We all swooned like he was Frank Sinatra or Elvis or someone.  He's so much better!

Babygirl

"DO IT, ROCKAPELLA!" 
Scott:  "Wow, you really know what it is!"

Carmen
JT during his solo:  "Please forgive me.  I'm still recovering from the buffet."
I thought that he should stand behind the drum shell.
JT:  "I have to do that or something will happen."  (No, I don't know what.  That's silly of you to think that I would at this point).
I like how the guys watch JT during his solo.
Scott:  "Where on the Glory is Carmen San Diego?"

Karla got her prize for winning the trivia contest.  Kyoko won a hat for coming the farthest: from Japan!

Encore:
Up On The Roof/Wonderful World

Meet and Greet was short, since we'd be meeting and greeting all week.  :)  I had the guys sign the picture frame that Jenn bought for me, and they also signed Wendy & Jeff's awesome movie poster. 

What a nice, intimate, hilarious show!  From what I can remember.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Drunken Sher Pella Cruise Report. Yep, Sher. You were WAYYYYYY beyond tipsy. LOL Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, I'm so glad I know you!

    -Wendy

    ReplyDelete