Sunday, January 2, 2011

Game TRON

Way back in 2010, us Santos kids were able to get some time away from the little tots to have some fun on our own.  We decided to see "TRON: Legacy" in 3-D.

I really don't think I've watched the original "TRON" in its entirety.  Neither had V.  I don't think that Bro had either.  But the trailers made the movie enticing.
  • NICE logo!  So awesome.  It's even better in 3-D.  
  • I've decided that I have a little crush on Garrett Hedlund.  
  • At the beginning of the movie, I thought that maybe they had used old footage of the old movie for Kevin Flynn to talk to his son.  Later, there was so much Young Kevin that I finally realized that it was digitized.
  • At one point that Jeff Bridges was on screen, I leaned over to V and told her helpfully, "His brother's name is 'Beau'."  She giggled.
  • Those Identity Discs are cool.  They need to come with cool dogs that will retrieve them for you if they happen to get detached.
  • I want a light cycle.  I'd be too scared to ride it, but I just want to click on that rod thingy and become part of a light cycle.  (OK, I don't think that sounds right, but whatevs).
  • Quorra is a badass.  I want to be like her and have a light cycle.
  • It took me a few minutes to realize that Castor was Michael Sheen.  I loved the way he portrayed his wacko character.
  • Yay!  My arcade games from the 80s!  I miss those days when we had an arcade very, very close to my house and I would go there all of the time.  Sometimes the manager would give me free quarters.  Jenn and Charina and Mich:  I miss our times there, and going to Rosie's afterward.  Sigh.  
  • "Sam, you're really messing with my Zen thing here, Man!"
We all really enjoyed the movie, despite the fact that they stole a key line from "WarGames". ;)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, seriously, Michael Sheen was fantastic!

    Re: Garrett Hedlund - He's also in "Country Strong", which I want to see anyway.

    I'd be too chicken to ride a light cycle, even though it's totally cool, so I'd want Quorra's nifty light runner, the four-wheeled thing she drives.

    I kept thinking - they can't have accidentally taken that line from "WarGames", right? :)

    ReplyDelete