Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Challenge Accepted

I woke up to say goodbye to Karla, and made sure to remind her that she held Fred's orange juice last night.  Not that she needed reminding.  Nor did she need to remind me that George kissed me 6 times.  Then I turned on my Pandora radio station, and the first song was Rockapella's "This Christmas Day".  Happy Sigh.


So there I was, minding my own business on Facebook, and George posted about the previous night's show.  So I commented and thanked him for a wonderfully swoonworthy evening, and wrote him another "Mwah!"  He replied that I was funny (yay!) and that he just had to give me some sugar in return for all of the sugar that I gave to them that weekend.  LOVE!!!!!  So, like, now I giggle when people say "sugar".  ;)


Wendy and Jeff arrived, and we walked around a bit to search for a place to eat.  We decided to have lunch at Ruffled Feathers, which is across the street from the hotel.  We went in there because the desserts looked particularly yummy (pumpkin bread pudding), but we were so full from our lunch that we didn't get any.  I had the Asian Chicken Salad, and it had great taste, with the perfect amount of crunch.  I also had some hot cranberry cider, which was quite delicious.  As we were eating lunch, I said that I had something to tell them.  For some reason, at that moment, Wendy thought that I was going to say "I'm having George's baby and that's why he kissed my hand last night."  Um, no, but thanks for the thought, Wendy!  :)  I told them that, actually, I was having shirts made as a surprise gift to my Pella Posse.  What a letdown, huh?


We walked around the (kind of creepy) Christmas in the Park display outside the hotel, then went to the Tech Museum and looked around the gift shop, where, of course, I found something to buy.  Then we watched "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I" at the IMAX Dome.  Yes, this would count as the 3rd time I watched HP VII.  It was an interesting experience.  We sat up at one of the highest rows because one of the employees advised us that we would be less dizzy up there.  I was still a little nervous when we sat down, because my seat was at the top of the stairs, so no seats were in front of me to break my fall in case I lost my mind and needed to get up.  So I moved over to be more protected.


We then checked out the pastries at Bijan Bakery & Cafe, across the way from the hotel.  We didn't buy anything, but I made plans for the next day's breakfast while I was there.  We looked around the lobby, which had a cool Christmas village that was made of chocolate and gingerbread.  So, of course, I needed to let Scotcherbreadman check it out.  :)




We then hung out in my beautiful hotel room for awhile, and I showed them the room service menu.  Mind you, this was a swanky place, and there was all types of cuisine listed.  Including room service for DOGS.  It was awesome.  I even wanted the Banana Biscotti, but I don't think that I should eat dog food.  I also showed them the beautiful view from the room, which was 15 stories up.  You can see the ice skating rink in the park, as well as the Christmas in the Park display.  Nice.


We had talked about seeing a light display that Wendy & Jeff had seen a few years ago.  It took us forever to get there, not because it was far away, but because we couldn't figure out how to get into the place.  The display was called the "Fantasy of Lights", and took place at Vasona Lake Park.  You stay in your car and drive around the park, with the radio turned on to a local radio station, so that you can hear Christmas music as you drive around.  It was really nice!  I learned a new song "Donde Esta Santa Claus".  OK, so it's not a new song, but it was new to me.  Wendy and Jeff really got into it, so I did, too.  Fun stuff.


We then went back to the Baker's Square that turned into Hobee's, in Los Gatos.  I have made new Hobee's converts!  I had a wonderful Almost Joe's Scramble with their awesome blueberry coffeecake.  I was also happy to have cinnamon tea, no matter what time of day it was, because I LOVE that tea.  I bought some tea to bring home, too, since that's my tradition whenever I'm at Hobee's.  It should be of no surprise to my friends that my favorite place to eat in Silicon Valley has breakfast available all day.  Wendy was excited to see all-you-can-eat soup, and advised us, "Challenge Accepted!"  Her pea soup wasn't very hot, but the manager was quite obliging and fixed the burner.  I don't think that Wendy had more than one bowl of soup, though.  Or maybe she did try another one.  I don't remember.  All I know is that it wasn't tortilla soup.


We returned to my hotel, and said our goodbyes.


The next morning, I obtained a Spinach & Cheese Croissant and a Pumpkin-Spiced Soy Latte from Bijan Bakery for breakfast.  I relaxed for awhile and giggled some more about the weekend's events.  I was made especially happier when Liz informed me that I would not need to find a new roommate for the upcoming cruise.  YAY!


I had quite some time between checkout and my flight time, so I tried to go shopping, but couldn't find a space in the parking lot at World Market.  So I made my way to the airport and had some sushi as I waited for Wendy & Jeff to arrive.  Sadly, Santa was gone, so I couldn't take anymore pictures with him.  W&J arrived, and we all flew home together.  


I had a great time with you, Jeff and Wendy!  Merry Christmas!


Sugar.



Giggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment