Monday, May 19, 2008

Alien Languages and White Blond Actors

So today, my sis-in-law and I decided to have fun after work, since she's staying at my place for a couple of days.



We decided to go to a Japanese restaurant by my house, so that we could get some Boba afterward, which is a couple of doors away from the restaurant. At the Japanese places, there were 2 babies, of about the same age, on different sides of the room. One baby had a high-pitched short scream, which we figured out must have been her way of talking. The other baby observed this behavior for awhile, then started to do his own little scream, on pitch with the other baby. It was almost as if they were talking to each other in some kind of alien baby language. At one point, they were even making gargling sounds at the same time, and V said that they sounded like Chewbacca. They really ARE aliens, then!



So after the aliens went back to their home planets, and we were done with our own meals, we went to Aloha Boba to enjoy their yummy libations before going to the movies for a viewing of "Iron Man." Now, you all know that I loved this movie (if you've read my blog from the first viewing), and since V hadn't seen it yet, and I was quite willing to see it again, we decided on the Fe Dude. I had thought that she would love the movie anyway, considering the fact that she studies robotics and stuff like that, and I was quite right. Our conversation after the movie, though, was what made the evening hilarious (oh, and the stories that I told her from my doctor friend, which, I'm sorry, cannot be repeated here).



Can you tell the difference between these actors? If so, who are they, and what movies were they in?






If you read in the credits of "Iron Man" that Jeff Bridges was in the movie, would you tell me that it was actually Jeff Daniels?

...

V did.

4 comments:

  1. from left to right jeff bridges, jeff daniels, and william hurt, or how i like to remember them, the baker bros guy, the dumb and dumber/independance day guy, and the guy who got with a deaf girl guy.

    yeah i know, I have no restraint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, I thought you said it was John in the picture, not William? William, I know but John, not really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela:
    Bill Pullman was in Independence Day, not Jeff Daniels. Someone else made this mistake the other night, so you're not alone.

    Cindy:
    We were talking about John Hurt, but didn't tell you that William was in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John Hurt is going to become very funny very soon.

    ReplyDelete