Saturday, May 17, 2008

I'm watching "Snakes On A Plane" right now...yes, voluntarily...because I just want to see Sam Jackson say his famous line...and because sometimes I like to waste time/money on stupid things.

Anyway, it reminds me that I meant to blog about my last flight home from Sacto. The folks at SWA are known for having fun, and this flight was no exception.

As we were boarding the plane, I overheard the pilot saying to a passenger, "First flight? Mine, too!" I think he's been on Star Tours.

The flight attendant spiel was funny, too, and I heard some lines that I hadn't before.
"We'd like to welcome you to flight number...aah, who cares? We're flying to Ontario, so it really doesn't matter what number flight it is, that's where you're going."
"We ask that you pay attention to the flight attendants as we describe the safety features. If you don't listen, you're on your own."
Life vests: "Just remember, it's 'kick, paddle, paddle, kick, paddle, paddle."
Oxygen masks: "Put your masks on before helping anyone else who needs assistance, like your children...or husbands..."
"...and do not push your Call Attendant Light, as it is actually an Ejection button."

Due to the heat, or possibly due to it being the pilot's first flight, our descent was shaky, but we made it safely home.

Update: OMG, this movie is terrible! But I'm still sitting here, waiting for him to say that line...

2 comments:

  1. There is not enough money or Wall-E toys on this planet to convince me to watch that movie!

    Which line are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "That's it! I've had enough of these mo*$*%f*$*&^ snakes on this mo*$*%f*$*&^ plane!"

    ReplyDelete