Monday, May 5, 2008

My Froot Loops Will Dry Your Tears

Yesterday, we celebrated my mom's birthday at Marie Callendar's Sunday Brunch.

We were thankful that they seated us way in the back, because nephew Brady has had a tendency of throwing tantrums in restaurants lately. He was OK this time, though. He kept going to other people's plates so that he could taste their food. V just asked him to stay at our table. I figured that maybe they were training him early to be a hobo, but whatever.

Another family with little kids sat at the table behind me, and a little girl, about 2 years old, started to cry. Brady looked over at their table with a look of concern on his face. Then he walked closer to their table, all the while watching the little girl. (I think her name was Cece). They finally let her walk around a little bit, and she walked toward Brady, whom was holding a little box of Froot Loops. He was quietly advised to share, and there he was, handing the little girl a Froot Loop, one at a time, as the tears still glistened on her chubby little cheeks. She proceeded to store them in her mouth, one at a time, packing them in like a chipmunk with nuts. She had stopped crying, and finally when she had her fill of cereal, gave Brady a big hug of thanks. Simultaneously, the females at both tables cried out, "Awwwww!!!!"

My nephew's going to be a great boyfriend someday.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwww. I love that story. He was so sweet. And I love your description of the little chipmunk girl.

    See why I keep telling you to write more?

    ReplyDelete